It is common knowledge among motorists in Singapore that taking a call on one’s mobile phone while driving on the roads is not only illegal, it also endangers one’s life as well. However, drivers may now answer the phone safely with Jabra Tour, an in-car speaker-phone for hands-free communication.
Simply clip it onto the sun visor and users are able to have clear conversations on the road while driving. A smart motion sensor system automatically turns the Jabra Tour on and off, helping to conserve battery on the device.
Apple fans will also be pleased to know that Jabra Tour features a Siri function. A button on the Jabra Tour activates the Siri app on the iPhone, allowing users to get driving directions or create calendar entries using voice instructions.
Other notable features of the device include an extra large, 40mm, 3-watt speaker with enhanced back volume. Plus, with enhanced noise cancellation, Jabra claims that calls are crystal clear and unwanted noise from the road will be eliminated.
Some specs here:
- Powerful 3-watt speaker for excellent sound
- HD Voice Microphone – optimized for superior sound and speech quality
- A2DP Wireless Streaming – for playback of music, podcasts and directions from GPS applications
- Advanced Multiuse Technology – allows users to connect up to two devices simultaneously
- Up to 20 hours talk time and up to 45 days of standby time
- 2 Chargers – a Micro-USB cable for charging via a PC and a universal car charger that fits into the car lighter
- Bluetooth 3.0 Technology – including EDR, eSCO, A2DP and PBAP
- Weighs 135 grams
- Dimensions – 102.3 mm x 82.7 mm x 32.6 mm
The speaker phone will start selling for S$148 at the Sitex show from November 22.